Friday, March 10, 2017

Week 9

This week began with multiple viewings of myself and trying to track some of my idiosyncratic behaviors while on camera. My viewings this week confirmed I had been going too fast through the questions and plan going forward to write my script earlier and possibly attempt a mock interview to become more acclimated in the delivery of the question prompts.

This week also saw me put the finishing touches on my files containing the 100+ images, organizing them so they correspond to the real life albums such the "PTA History 1986-1989". Also, it includes two photos of what I call Hillcrest I, also known as the first building which existed between 1924 until the fire of December 1963. Dr. Lyons put me in contact with Mr. Cravero, who will help me take the next step by showing me the process of digitizing the many photos collected at Hillcrest. The process will be done through RICHES, a system I have only perused through via its map function but have not interacted or uploaded any documents on the website.

Additionally, Dr. Lyons tasked me over the weekend to draft a Facebook post for specific Hillcrest page. The message itself will give a few updates on the Hillcrest history project and send the message that we are collecting objects (not permanently of course). The idea that items will be public also seems to be an idea I should convey in the post, so the audience for Hillcrest history knows of the items' accessibility. Later, I made photocopies of the permissions of Mrs. Spicer and Mrs. Rose to display the collected items on RICHES. Also, Dr Lyons mentioned the idea of mentioning how Oral Histories will be conducted little by little and including this in the prospective post. She said that if not all willing interviewees can have their stories recorded this semester with my possible successor continuing the project in fall.

The last internship related activity that took place this week was a final go through the month of January on the Sentinel to mine for Hillcrest relate stories. Sadly, this endeavor was fruitless in finding any more stories but  I was able to photocopy (and turn into a PDF) the Biennial Report 1922-1924 mentioned many months ago. This work was key in pinpointing the construction of Hillcrest I and some of the original layout, something no other previous document has been able to provide for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment